Friday, February 3, 2012

Quest Of The Demon Joint Review

cover.jpg
Reading Level :Young Adult
Publisher:Equilibrium Books
First book in a possible series
“Darci is your average every day sixteen year old girl who plays basketball and lives in an ordinary country town. Her life changes forever as she is 'accidentally zapped' to the land of Nahaba by the apprentice wizard Taslessian.

Within hours of her unexpected arrival, both teens are thrust into a dangerous journey to the cave of Grisham the Great, who will hopefully be able to send her home. When they get there however Darci soon finds out that there is no such things as accidents and that their journey is only just beginning.”




Jasmine's Review
This book was a perfect change for me. I haven't read a fantasy in forever. This started off exciting then around the middle it got kinda slow and then it picked back up around the end. I fell in love with the characters. Darci's just an ordinary human who gets sucked up into some other world and has no idea whats going on. Taslessian was cute in the beginning but around the middle he kinda got annoying. Lief I absolutely hated at first but by the end I adored him. He somewhat reminded me of the blond elf from lord of the rings :). Maledorian was hilarious and so was Defyance. Defyance's crush on Maledorian was super cute. I absolutely adored all the dragons. I love dragons and I haven't seen them very often in YA. One other thing I loved was how strong Darci became over the course of the book. It started with her always needing someone to protect her but she was incredibly strong by the end. Overall I loved this. I've heard rumors about a sequel and I'm hoping there is one. I highly recommend this :). 4/5 Stars
Jasmine :)


Marissa's Review
I really like fantasy but I don't read a lot of it. I also love books about quests. I love it when a group of characters who have almost nothing in common have to go on this adventure and it takes time and they change and by the time the quest is over they're almost different people. And I loved all the characters. The main character Darci is a normal human girl and she gets thrown into this new world and she handles is so well and I love how she became someone who can fight their own battles. I really liked Taslessian at first but he changes a lot during the book and by the end he's kind of distant. It was the opposite for me with Lief at first I really didn't like him but he was so sweet and he totally grew on me. Maledorian was so funny. He has been waiting his whole life for this quest but at the same time he didn't really know how to handle it at the beginning. Defyance was awesome she was this sort of mysterious warrior woman and I think her and Maledorian have a thing going on. But of course not everyone could live in the end but why did my favorite have to die :(.
I really liked the writing but it was a little confusing at times and there was some typos. Overall I really enjoyed this book there was dragons and ships and magic and it was awesome. 4/5 stars.

-Marissa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment